These Official Rules are speciﬁc to the Young & Free Michigan Spokester Search Contest (The Contest).
Definition of terms: for the purposes of this contest the terms “entry” or “submission” refers to original video or blog post.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
The “Contest Sponsors” are Michigan First Credit Union and Currency Marketing who own and operate the Young & Free Michigan Program.
- Entry Period of The Contest begins at 12:00 noon p.m. Eastern Time (ET) March 12, 2013 and closes at 3:00 p.m. ET April 15, 2013.
- Public Voting Period to determine Finalists of The Contest begins at 5:00 p.m. ET April 16, 2013 and ends at 3:00 p.m. ET April 24, 2013.
- Judging Period for Finalists of The Contest begins at 3:01 p.m. ET April 24, 2013 and ends on or around May 9, 2013.
- Show Your Stuff Meet-up: A group interview event will be held on April 26, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, at the head office of Michigan First Credit Union (27000 Evergreen Road, Lathrup Village, Michigan). Attendance is mandatory for Finalists of The Contest.
- Finalist Challenge additional blog and video due 3:00 p.m. ET, May 1, 2013.
- Announcement of the Winner of The Contest will be made on or around May 9, 2013.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States.
- At the time of the contest entry deadline, entrant must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Current paid employees (including student employees and interns), retirees and representatives of the Contest Sponsors and their respective afﬁliates, subsidiaries, related companies agents, associates, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies—and their immediate family members (including spouse, children, step-children, parents, step-parents, in law parents, brothers and sisters) or any persons with whom they live with are not eligible to enter The Contest.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in The Contest.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to The Contest Sponsors for the purpose of The Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry.
One (1) grand prize will be awarded: The grand prize winner will be offered employment serving for approximately one year in a full-time position as the Young & Free Michigan Spokester. The full offer of employment including terms, conditions, equipment supplied and hours of work will be provided to the winner.
The winner must be eligible to work in the U.S., be available to live and work full-time in Wayne, Oakland, or Macomb county during the employment period and consent to the Sponsor’s usual employment background checks.
Nine (9) runner-up prizes will be awarded: Each of the nine runners-up will be awarded a $100 gift card and some Young & Free Michigan logo items.
The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received and the number of votes received. Number of votes will determine the Top Ten Finalists. The judging committee will determine the Winner.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the contest the entrant agrees they are willing and able to accept the published prizes, in the event they are voted a finalist or chosen a winner.
To be eligible to claim a prize, the Winner must:
- Sign a Release Form declaring compliance with rules, assigning all rights to the submission, to the Sponsors, and releasing The Contest Sponsors, their afﬁliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the Prizes awarded.
- Produce valid identiﬁcation and, if requested by The Contest Sponsors, proof of age and photo identiﬁcation.
How to enter
- No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or win The Contest.
- Enter The Contest during the entry period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and following instructions for presenting your entry.
Entry must consist of:
- A fully completed application form
- A short video (we recommend 60 seconds) depicting why you should be the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester
- A blog post you would write as the Young & Free Michigan Spokester (entertaining and financial-specific)
Entrants that are voted by the public as a Top Ten Finalist move on to the Judging phase and will be required to submit an additional video and blog post and attend the in person meet-up on April 26, 2013. Detailed instructions and deadline dates will be forwarded to Finalists.
The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Contest:
- Meet the technical speciﬁcations required for it to be uploaded to, and received by, the contest website by the end of the entry phase of The Contest period.
- Not contain any language or images or content that conﬂicts with any of The Contest Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to The Contest Sponsors (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law.
- Any entrant that submits an entry with content that violates any third party's trademarks (such as music or logos), copyright, privacy, personality and intellectual property rights, does so at the entrants own risk.
By entering The Contest you represent and warrant that you:
- Are the original creator of all components of the entry
- That the entry meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the video and blog entry submitted with the application are being submitted on a non-conﬁdential basis and, the Sponsors may, post to a website, use in advertising, or otherwise use that entry in connection with The Contest without compensation.
How to vote
The public may vote for their favorite entry during the vote period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and following the instructions on the contest website. Voting will be open to the general public. Votes totals will not be released to the public nor participants.
There is a limit of one vote per legitimate email address during the voting period. Votes that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be disqualified.
Votes made under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artiﬁce to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries will be disqualified.
The use of any type of online vote garnering site or automated vote generating systems is prohibited.
Ten finalists will be determined by public vote on the YoungFreeMichigan.com site. The top ten vote getters will be declared Finalists and move on to the Judging phase for the grand prize.
The winner of the grand prize will be determined by a Judging Committee, comprised of Sponsor employees and other members as determined by the Sponsors. The Finalist applicants will be evaluated on their original entry, additional submissions, the in person meet up and their suitability for the job.
The Winner will be announced on YoungFreeMichigan.com and in the media on or about May 9, 2013. Potential winners who cannot be contacted, despite reasonably diligent efforts, may be disqualiﬁed.
Awarding the prizes
In order to be eligible to be awarded prize each recipient must:
- Meet all requirements outlined in the Contest Official Rules.
- Understand the winner of the contest is expected to work a full-time schedule beginning on or about Tuesday May 28 (exact date to be set with the winner) and continuing for approximately one year.
- Sign a Declaration of Compliance with Rules and Regulations and an Assignment, Release and Indemnity Form, assigning all rights to the submission to The Contest Sponsors, in connection with The Contest, including all copyrights and moral rights and releasing The Contest Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the prizes awarded.
- Confirm that you are the original creator of the submission and that you own all rights to it and are able to fully assign all rights to The Contest Sponsors as contemplated above.
- The Contest Sponsors may at any time in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet The Contest eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt The Contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsors in relation to The Contest will be ﬁnal and binding on all entrants.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan.
- The Contest Sponsors will not enter into correspondence with any entrant except with the selected winners and at the Contest Sponsors’ own initiative.
By entering The Contest, you acknowledge that The Contest Sponsors will have the unrestricted and exclusive right to use the submission for purposes of promoting The Contest, including but not limited to, publishing it in an electronic form on the Young & Free Michigan website and elsewhere for promotional purposes without further compensation. The Contest Sponsors also have the right to (but are not required to) use each entrant’s name, image, likeness, age, and biographical information in credit along with the submission.
By participating in The Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by The Contest Official Rules, posted at YoungFreeMichigan.com. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of The Contest Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Contest Sponsors reserve the sole right, and discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating The Contest Rules and Regulations; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of The Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of Young & Free Michigan and/or Michigan First Credit Union; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Disclaimers, liability and indemnification
By participating in The Contest, you release and agree to indemnify and hold The Contest Sponsors and their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotional agencies harmless from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in The Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
The Contest Sponsors shall have no liability for any loss or damage of any submissions entered in The Contest or for any other loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from your participation in The Contest.
Privacy/use of personal information
If for any reason The Contest Sponsors cannot run The Contest as planned, (including as a result of bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, infection by computer virus or any other cause that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of The Contest) The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend The Contest. In that event, The Contest Sponsors may determine the winner from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment, or cancel The Contest.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of The Contest rules and regulations and disclosures or other statements contained in any The Contest-related materials, including but not limited to The Contest application form, or point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules and regulations shall prevail, govern and control.