Young & Free Michigan
2014 Rename My Ride Contest Rules and Regulations
These Contest Rules and Regulations are speciﬁc to the Young & Free Michigan 2014 Rename My Ride (The Contest).
Definition of terms: for the purposes of this contest the term “entry” refers to suggested car name.
The “Contest Sponsors” are Michigan First Credit Union and Currency Marketing who own and operate the Young & Free Michigan Program.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
- The Contest Sponsors may at any time in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet The Contest eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt The Contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsors in relation to The Contest will be ﬁnal and binding on all entrants.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan.
- The Contest Sponsor will not enter into correspondence with any entrant except with the selected winners and at the Contest Sponsors’ own initiative.
- Entry Period of The Contest begins Wednesday, October 1 and closes at 3:00 pm ET on Friday, October 17, 2014.
- Announcement of Winners of The Contest will be made on or around Thursday, October 30, 2014.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per legitimate email can be entered into The Contest online OR a maximum of one (1) entry per person can be entered into The Contest via paper entry in high school branches at Lake Shore High School, South Lake High School, Southfield High School or Southfield Lathrup High School.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Michigan.
- At the time of contest close online entrants must be between 18 and 25 years of age OR at the time of contest close paper entrants must be a student at one of the these four high schools where Michigan First Credit Union student branches reside – Lake Shore High School, South Lake High School, Southfield High School and Southfield Lathrup High School.
- Employees, officials, retirees and representatives of the Contest Sponsors and their respective afﬁliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate families of those employees or any persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to participate in The Contest. For the purpose of this Contest, “immediate families” is deﬁned as sibling, spouse, mother, father, grandparent, brother, sister, son and/or daughter.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in The Contest.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Contest Sponsors for the purpose of The Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry (the “Applicant”)
How to Enter
No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or win The Contest.
Enter The Contest during the Entry period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and fully completing the online entry form OR High school students of Lake Shore High School, South Lake High School, Southfield High School and Southfield Lathrup High School enter The Contest during the entry period by visiting the in-school Michigan First Credit Union branch and fully completing the paper entry form and submitting into entry box.
The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
- Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Contest:
- Not contain any language that conﬂicts with any of the Contest Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to the Contest Sponsors (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law or any third party's rights (including trademark, copyright, privacy, personality and intellectual property rights).
Prohibited subject matter standards include but are not limited to:
- Sexual subject matter of any nature;
- Political subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive racial/prejudicial subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive religious subject matter of any nature;
- Branded products/services,
- Michigan First Credit Union reserves the right to interpret these guidelines at its sole discretion, and to otherwise deny any subject matter or graphic based on this interpretation.
By entering the Contest you represent and warrant that you:
- That the entry meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the entry submitted with the application are being submitted on a non-conﬁdential basis and, the Sponsor may, post to a website, use in advertising, or otherwise use that entry in connection with The Contest without compensation.
Selection of Winners
The Winner of the contest will be chosen as the most appropriate name for the Young & Free Michigan car, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion. If no name is selected from the entries, a winner will be drawn at random.
In the event that multiple Entries are received with the same Name, the Grand Prize Winner will be the first person who submitted the Name based on the timestamp on the entry.
One (1) grand prize will be awarded. Grand Prize is $100 American Express gift card.
Prize must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the contest the entrant agrees they are willing and able to accept the published prize, in the event they are chosen or voted a winner.
To be eligible to claim a prize, Prize Winner must:
- Sign a Release Form releasing the Contest Sponsors, their afﬁliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the Prize awarded.
- Produce valid identiﬁcation and, if requested by the Contest Sponsor, proof of age and photo identiﬁcation.
The Winner will be contacted via email and phone and announced on YoungFreeMichigan.com on or around Thursday, October 30, 2014. Potential winner, who cannot be contacted, despite customary diligent efforts, may forfeit the prize and a new winner may be selected.
Privacy / Use of Personal Information