These Contest Rules & Regulations are speciﬁc to the Young & Free Michigan Jay-Z lip Sync Competition (The Contest).
Definition of terms: for the purposes of this contest the term “entry” refers to an original Lip Sync video.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
- The Contest Sponsors may at any time in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet The Contest eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt The Contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsors in relation to The Contest will be ﬁnal and binding on all entrants.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan.
- The Contest Sponsor will not enter into correspondence with any entrant except with the selected winners and at the Contest Sponsors’ own initiative.
The “Contest Sponsors” are Michigan First Credit Union and Currency Marketing who own and operate the Young & Free Michigan Program.
- Entry Period of The Contest begins Wednesday October 30 and closes at 3:00 pm ET on Monday December 2, 2013.
- Public Voting Period of The Contest begins Tuesday December 3 and ends at 3:00 pm ET on Monday December 9, 2013.
- Announcement of Winners of The Contest will be made on or around December 13, 2013
- Entries may be submitted by a single person (solo entrant) or by a group.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per eligible solo entrant/group can be entered into The Contest.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Michigan.
- At the time of contest close solo entrants must be between 18 and 25 years of age. In the case of group entrants at least one member of the group must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Employees, officials, retirees and representatives of the Contest Sponsors and their respective afﬁliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate families of those employees or any persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to participate in The Contest. For the purpose of this Contest, “immediate families” is deﬁned as sibling, spouse, mother, father, grandparents, brother, sister, son and/or daughter.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in The Contest.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Contest Sponsors for the purpose of The Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry (the “Applicant”)
How to Enter
No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or win The Contest.
Enter The Contest during the Entry period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and fully completing the online entry form and including a You Tube link to your Lip Sync video entry.
The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Contest:
- Must be a video of the entrant(s) performing a lip sync of a Jay-Z song.
- Not contain any language or images that conﬂict with any of the Contest Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to the Contest Sponsors (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law or any third party's rights (including trademark, copyright, privacy, personality and intellectual property rights).
- Not promote, depict or refer to any commercial enterprises other than Young & Free Michigan.
Prohibited subject matter standards include but are not limited to:
- Sexual subject matter of any nature;
- Political subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive racial/prejudicial subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive religious subject matter of any nature;
- Advertising of any nature;
- Self-promotion of any nature
- Branded products/services,
- Solicitations, including telephone numbers or services of any nature (e.g., 900 or 800 numbers);
- Affiliation with groups that are determined to be of a “socially unacceptable” nature, including scenes, names or symbols;
- Any graphic design or other element that might reflect poorly or might engender hostility toward or derision of Michigan’s Credit Union
- Michigan First Credit Union reserves the right to interpret these guidelines at its sole discretion, and to otherwise deny any subject matter or graphic based on this interpretation.
By entering the Contest Sponsors you represent and warrant that you/your group:
- Are the original creator of the video
- That the entry meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the entry submitted with the application are being submitted on a non-conﬁdential basis and, the Sponsor may, post to a website, use in advertising, or otherwise use that entry in connection with The Contest without compensation.
The Winner of the contest will be determined by public vote
How to Vote
The public may vote for their favorite entry during the Vote period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and following the instructions on the contest website.
Voting will be open to the general public. There is a limit of one vote, per person, per legitimate email address.
If the Contest Sponsors discover that an individual has voted more than once, the Contest Sponsor may disqualify some or all of that individual's votes using the Contest Sponsors sole discretion.
Votes made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artiﬁce to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during The Contest period are automatically void.
One (1) grand prize will be awarded. Grand Prize is two tickets to the Jay-Z concert held at The Palace of Auburn Hills, Friday January 10, 2014 and $100 cash.
Prize must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the contest the entrant agrees they are willing and able to accept the published prize, in the event they are chosen or voted a winner.
To be eligible to claim a prize, Prize Winner must:
- Sign a Release Form declaring compliance with rules, assigning all rights to the submission, to the Sponsor, and releasing the Contest Sponsors, their afﬁliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the Prize awarded.
- Produce valid identiﬁcation and, if requested by the Contest Sponsor, proof of age and photo identiﬁcation.
The odds of being selected to win one of the prizes are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received and the total number of votes received for entries. For example, if 100 entries are received, your chances of winning are 1 in 100.
The Winner(s) will be contacted via email and phone and announced on YoungFreeMichigan.com and in the media on or around December 13, 2013. Potential winners who cannot be contacted, despite customary diligent efforts, may be disqualiﬁed.
Privacy / Use of Personal Information
- Vote for your favorite:
December 3 to 9
- Winners announced by:
- Concert date:
- Concert location:
Palace of Auburn Hills