Your privacy is important to us
Please read our privacy statement and privacy measures
Thank you for visiting our website. As a guest to our site, your privacy is important to us. Following are our online information practices and the way your information is collected and used at this site.
II. Information Collected
There may be times when we ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information about yourself. For example, you may enter contests, vote in polls, submit demographic information, subscribe to services, and/or express opinions on our site. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected include your name, address, email address, telephone number, demographic information, and information about your interests and behaviors. Whether or not you provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to access certain services, offers, and/or content on our site.
Our site may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of operating system you are using, the type of browser you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
III. Use of Information
In general, we will use the personally identifiable information you provide to us for the purpose for which such information was provided. We may also use this information to contact you when necessary, conduct trend analysis, and perform site administration. You may opt out of receiving future mailings from youngfreestlouis.com and other affiliated entities by following the instructions set forth in the opt-out section below.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information in special cases when we believe that disclosing information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our site, other users of our site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities, or where we are required to do so by court order or to enforce our rights. We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information when we in good faith believe that the law requires us to do so.
IV. Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
This site may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. You should consult the privacy notices of these other sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. This site may offer contests, sweepstakes or promotions that are sponsored by or co-sponsored with identified third parties.
By virtue of their sponsorship, these third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the contest, sweepstakes, or promotion. This site has no control over the third-party sponsors' use of this information.
V. Use of IP Addresses
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to otherwise administer our site.
To enhance your experience on our site, some of our web pages use "cookies." Cookies are text files we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, signing up for our monthly e-updates or leaving a blog comment. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
VII. Choice; Opt Out
You may opt out of receiving communications from our affiliated entities and from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. Public Forums
This site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, classifieds, and/or newsgroups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution in deciding to disclose your personal information.
IX. Contacting Us
This is a positive community
Please read our blog comment policy to see what we feel is acceptable.
We want this to be a community where you don't have to deal with personal attacks, hate speech, sexually explicit content, defamatory speech or threats. If you find that kind of offensive content on here, please let us know.
- Comment form guidelines: The comment form must be filled in with a proper and legitimate name and URL. Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
- Email privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by the blog owner to privately contact the commenter.
- Commenter privacy and protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be edited out of the comment as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within the blog comment.
- Language and manners: This blog is "family friendly" and comments that include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the blog owner and administrator to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Play nice.
- A comment is conversation: A comment that does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved or deleted.
- Limit links: This blog is set up to automatically hold any blog comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any blog comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- What to do if your comment does not appear: If you leave a comment on this blog and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these comment policies, contact us at email@example.com.
- No personal attack comments permitted: In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- Commenters blocked: Anyone who violates this comments policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.
- All rights reserved: The blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor and/or author reserve the right to edit, delete, move or mark as spam any and all comments. We also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
- Hold harmless: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not the blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor or author. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site and any affiliates harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liability.
Content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC 3.0). Copyright © Michigan First Credit Union and Currency Marketing. All rights reserved.
Content is provided as information only and is not intended to serve as advice or representation whatsoever. Investigate these topics further by contacting appropriate advisors.
The page you are looking for cannot be found. You may have mis-typed the URL. Please check your spelling.
This July, Young & Free Michigan wants to utilize every moment as a chance to be kind to another person. Each day we’re given the opportunity to have an impact on someone else’s life and whether that moment is big or small, it can make all the difference!
Generation Y has been given the stereotype of being selfish and inconsiderate—but we’re not. We care for each other and we help where we can because we understand that everyone could use a Random Act of Kindness (RAK).
With RAK we can brighten the world, a step at a time. It all starts with one Random Act of Kindness. And the more acts of kindness we demonstrate, the less random they will be and more like a lifestyle they will become.
In the words of Gandhi,
“Be the change
you want to see
in the world.”
Join me in the movement—
let’s RAK this world!
Get money smart with Michigan First
“Finance isn’t meant to be some difficult scary word. Banking shouldn’t be something that makes us want to turn around and run. As a young adult, I understand life can’t be taken too seriously. We're meant to have fun and enjoy ourselves and in a way that's financially responsible. Michigan First makes banking simple and easy, so we don’t have to worry about the financial mumbo-jumbo and we can understand our financial situation with convenience. With this, we can focus on what’s really important to us and be in control of our own financial situation. Life’s short; we shouldn’t have to spend time jumping through hoops to understand banking and Michigan First doesn’t make us.”
– Vicky Goldwater, Young & Free Michigan Spokester
Understanding how to manage and grow your money is a fundamental skill that most young people are missing. Unfortunately, personal finance is just not taught in many schools. Fortunately, we've got you covered with practical tips to get a handle on your money.
Living Young & Free Field Guide
It’s a jungle out there!
You wouldn’t travel to a foreign country without checking a few things out first, would you? Maybe check out some online sources or take a travel book out of the library? Likewise, you shouldn’t head out into the wild world of finance until you’ve done a little background research.
Living Young & Free Show
Money tips, tricks and hacks!
Published every two weeks on our blog, the Living Young & Free Show is a collaborative effort between all of the active Young & Free Spokesters. Each episode is under five minutes and is packed with useful topics and tips.
The latest episode
A network of advocates
To date, 31 creative, outgoing and Internet-savvy young people from around North America have held the coveted dream job of Young & Free Spokester. Each has brought their own unique style to the position and each has had a significant impact at their credit union and in their community.
What does this mean to you? It means that 31 people have spent a ton of time researching, writing and creating blog posts and videos about financial stuff that matters to you! Take some time and explore the entire Young & Free network.
Young & Free Network
Hi, I’m Ebeth, the voice of the 25-and-under crowd
I help you make sense of banking and money. I also write and make videos about fun stuff and pop culture. I am 22, live in Dearborn and I am the Young & Free Michigan Spokester representing Michigan First Credit Union. If you are a 17- to 25-year-old Michigander, I am your voice.
Latest blog post
We’re here to help you
At Michigan First, our history is rich in education since we originally started as Detroit Teacher’s Credit Union back in 1926. We’ve never lost our focus on helping the metro area’s youth succeed and helping people in all stages of life prepare for future challenges and enjoy the rewards. We are committed to providing excellent and convenient service, especially with electronic services like online and mobile banking, and know that by helping people make informed and accurate decisions, we help build a brighter future for generations to come. Michigan First is proud to serve nearly 90,000 people and businesses in southeastern Michigan with a complete range of affordable financial services. We’d love to get to know you too!
Get money smart
You are the future community leaders of Michigan—the dreamers, innovators, professionals and entrepreneurs. We're here to give you a head start. » Learn
Save your money
Are you wasting your hard-earned cash on bank fees and high-interest payments? Find out why you should move your money to Michigan First today. » Save
Win free stuff
We’ve given away more than $100,000 in prizes to young adults in Michigan including the incredible annual Spokester job, plus awesome scholarships, products, gift cards and more! » Win