College student videos
Application phase is now closed. Voting opens Thursday, February 13 at Noon.
We're processing applications as quickly as possible. If you do not see your entry on the website by the end of day on Tuesday, February 11, please contact Scholarships@MichiganFirst.com
To enter a college student video you must:
- Be a member of Michigan First. If you're not a member, find out how to join.
- Be between seventeen (17) and twenty-five (25) years-of-age at time of entry.
- Either be currently attending university, college or community college as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior, or in a graduate program.
- Or be a previous high school graduate who did not immediately enter university, college or community college upon high school graduation; if entrant entered the armed forces, he/she must have been honorably discharged. Previous high school graduates must provide an official copy of senior transcripts. Veterans must provide a copy of honorable discharge papers.
- Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.8.
- Be intending to study full-time (minimum of twelve (12) credit hours) in a college or university for the fall 2014 semester.
- Fully complete the online application form and attach the required supporting documents.
- Include a VIDEO (we suggest it be sixty (60) seconds or less), answering the question: “What event or person (other than parents) has made the most significant impact in your life? How has that changed you and how will you use this going forward in life?"
Please read the official rules for complete details on requirements and eligibility.
Make sure to read the requirements above and the rules; the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at Scholarships@MichiganFirst.com. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours. If you send your question on the weekend, it may be Monday before we get back to you.
Before you begin the form be sure to have your video and supporting documents ready. You must include a YouTube URL for your video, and attach a copy of your latest marks transcript including cumulative GPA, and a recent photo to complete your application.
- Entry deadline:
Monday, February 10 at Noon
- Public voting:
February 13 to 19 at Noon
February 19 to March 3 at Noon
- Winners announced:
Week of March 3