Mother’s Day is this Sunday! Do you feel like your mom already has just about everything that she could need? Instead of another year of flowers and a card, it’s time for you to step up and plan a “Mom Date.” I’m talking an afternoon spent together, just the two of you, doing something that you both will enjoy.
- Chat Over Coffee at a Café
- I’m not talking about just picking up drinks from your local Starbucks. Schedule a sunny afternoon at an outdoor café or at least one with a patio. You two can slowly sip your coffees or teas while catching up in quality one-on-one conversations.
- Explore a Farmer’s Market
- Plan a day to pick up your mom and take her to a local farmer’s market. You can walk, talk and explore together. Bonus points, if you buy her fresh flowers while on this adventure.
- Take a Cooking Class Together
- Your mother spent years cooking dinner for you and your family, it’s time to return the favor. Sign you and your mom up for a cooking class; it’ll give you both something new to learn. If you’re anything like me, maybe you’ll learn some much needed tips.
- Pamper Yourselves
- Your mom works hard, she deserves a little pampering. Maybe in years past you have gotten your mom a salon gift card, but what could be better than going with her? Mani-pedis are a time honored mother-daughter activity but they often get over looked.
The perfect Mom Date is something you will both enjoy. Your mom will appreciate and treasure this afternoon with you more than another “World’s Best Mom” coffee mug, especially if you have busy schedules or you no longer live at home.
How will you be celebrating your mom this Mother’s Day?