Have you ever gone on those websites that list all the crazy laws that have been around for years and years that haven't been repealed yet? Or the ones that you read and think, "There is a REASON why that is a law; it must have been a problem at some point."
- You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan. (repealed in 2002)
- A woman is not allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
- There is a 10 cent bounty for each rat's head brought into a town office.
- The last Sunday in June is "Log Cabin Day."
- Cars may not be sold on Sunday.
- Willfully destroying your own radio is prohibited.
- It is illegal for a man to scowl at his wife on Sunday.
- It is illegal to let a pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose.
- Putt-putt golf courses must be closed by 1 am.
- Security guards at Joe Louis Area may confiscate anything item they feel might be thrown on the ice.
- No person shall throw an abandoned hoop skirt into any street or on any sidewalk, under penalty of a five-dollar fine for each offense.
- It is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.
Does your town have any wacky laws you'd like to share? Send 'em my way and I'll add them to this post (and I'll even credit you as well!) I know there's got to be weirder ones out there!