Having an urge to get out of the day-to-day routine is quite normal for everyone. If you’ve ever wanted to go to new places, to see new things, to reach new heights, then you know what I’m talking about. Whether it’s through spring break, a family vacation, or just a trip you’ve been thinking about taking for a while, the places you can go are endless. While there are places you can visit that are close to home, there are also a lot of options abroad as well.
If you ever do plan on taking a trip overseas, try visiting one of the places the Huffington Post, considers the most beautiful:
- Igauzu Falls on the border of Brazil and Argentina
- The Great Barrier Reef in Australia
- The Great wall of China
- Muir Woods National Monument in California
- Perta, Jordan
- The Sahara Desert
- The Canadian Rockies
- Seregenti National Park in Africa
- Tuscany, Italy
I know ALL of these places are quite striking, but before you go on any trip to a foreign country, it’s a good idea to let your bank or credit union know; this way they’ll understand that a purchase made in Germany, for example, is something that YOU actually purchased because you’re the one in Germany! Otherwise, your bank or credit union may not think this is you and might block your ATM, debit or credit card.
Here are a few things you may want to do before you travel:
- Make sure you have the current phone number listed for your account in case your bank/credit union needs to reach you.
- Ensure that your cell phone is capable of accepting/placing international calls.
- Verify your alternate authorized account owner.
- Be ready to have fun!
So for you Michigan First Credit Union members, if and when you do end up traveling overseas, take advantage of Michigan First’s Travel Concierge. If you want ANY more information on how Travel Concierge works, call us at 248.443.4600! We’d be happy to help you :).
There will be another Travel Tip blog posted soon, so stay in tune! :)