Today I wanted to share some tips with you on how you can save up for spring break.
• Cut back on the little, "regular" purchases. You know, things like the coffee that you buy two or three times a week, and the pizza you order. Along with the smoothies, magazines, going to movies, and the vending machine snacks and sodas. All of that stuff adds up fast. For example, if you got two coffees, ordered a pizza, got a smoothie, picked up a magazine, went to the movies, and stopped by the vending machine between classes, you potentially spent$30-$50 depending on a few factors. The little things add up. Instead of wasting your money, you can put that money towards your amazing vacation.
• Say, “ No” to shopping as much as possible- If you go to the mall every week and spend about $50 each trip, you could potentially save $200 a month! I mean come on, that's a lot of money!
• Pick up extra shifts at work. I don't think that needs any explanation.
• Budget for your trip- plan ahead. This tip will probably help you the most. If you plan ahead and know exactly how much money you need to have a successful trip, you are more likely to get that money! Set a goal chart for yourself, or set up some phone reminders to keep yourself motivated, on track and on budget.
• If you are going somewhere far, use a travel agent. This can be a huge stress reliever because travel agents sometimes allow you to make payments on your vacation; they can also work with your budget and find you some amazing deals. Sometimes the most stressful part of a vacation is trying to figure it all out, but travel agents can do that for you!
Where are you planning on going for spring break this year? I'm ready for a get-a-way myself, but first I have some more saving up to do. Good luck, be safe, and have fun!
Keeping it Fresh, Young & Free,