Happy National Chocolate Macaroon Day!
Today is an awesome day to meet up with some friends and enjoy some DELICIOUS chocolate Macaroons! But before you can enjoy them... you might want to learn how to make them! :)
Check out this recipe for delicious chocolate Macaroons!
- Cooking spray
- 1 (7 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; lightly coat with cooking spray
- In large bowl, toss coconut with sugar until evenly coated. In a pan melt the chocolate; let cool slightly. In small bowl, combine egg whites, chocolate, vanilla and salt until blended. Add to coconut mixture; blend well with spatula.
- On prepared baking sheet, form heaping table-spoonfuls of mixture into 15 mounds, 2 inches apart. Bake 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden and tops start to brown (centers will be slightly soft). Let cool 10 minutes on baking sheet; remove with spatula to wire rack; let cool completely on rack. Best served the same day, but can be stored overnight in airtight container.
Big thank you to Charlotte J, on Food.com for the recipe!
We hope everyone enjoys this delicious recipe, grabs a friend, and has an AWESOME National Chocolate Macaroon Day!
The Young & Free Michigan Team