Happy St. Patty’s Day!
I forgot to wear green today, but my name is Irish so that’ll have to do. This year St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Friday, so I just want to send some safety love your way. No one wants to end a fun-filled night of green beer with a DUI (or worse) because you failed to be responsible.
- Figure out how you’re getting home before leaving. Whether Über, Lyft, cab, or a designate driver – just make sure you have a plan before making your moves.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day. I know, I sound like a mom. But it makes a big difference if you keep your water intake high.
- Eat. Eat. Eat.
- Stay together. Don’t veer off or leave your group.
- Let someone know where you’re going in case of an emergency (i.e. your phone dies).
- Call the police and report a drunk driver if you see one.
- Go pick up some St. Patty’s day freebies/specials from these hot spots.
Moral of the story, have fun but be smart. It’s no fun when a night out turns into a nightmare because of a stupid decision.