Going to the movies can be a lot of fun! But as everybody knows, going to the movies can also cost you a lot of money. While going to the movies is a good excuse to get out of the house, you can also get out of your house… in your house.
Instead of spending tons of money on overpriced snacks and movie tickets, try making your own “at home movie theater.” It’ll be WAY more comfortable than sitting in the cinema, you’ll save a lot of money, and you can still get a break from your typical daily home life.
Before you start your movie night at home, you’ll need a few things:
1. A great movie.
2. Delicious snacks.
3. Blankets and pillows (or whatever makes you feel comfy.)
Also, if you are watching the movie with friends, make sure you chat and catch-up BEFORE the movie starts (if you’re talking during the movie, you’ll throw off the whole movie theater feel.) AND make sure your cell phone is either turned off or on silent.
A few extra tips for having an enjoyable movie experience include:
1. Make sure the room is dim/dark.
2. Watch a movie EVERYONE likes.
3. Bring more than one movie (it's always better to have backups.)
4. Have the DVD remote (or whatever controls your movie) nearby!
Enjoy your movie night in! :)