Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8th, which is about 2 weeks away. If you are like me, you are probably still trying to figure out what you are going to get for your momma. Because of that, I thought today would be a good day to search for some great gift ideas. I hope this list of gift ideas will inspire you while you consider what you might get for your awesome momma, god mom, or grandma this mothers day.
The first place I turned to in my Mother's day research was the all-knowing Pinterest.
Since moving to Louisiana, my mom has also been really into gardening, which is a new thing for her. So I think making a little succulent planter for her home would be a cute gift as well, but shipping it would be a different story.
Those links had great ideas but, I want my mom and my mother in law to feel special, appreciated and spoiled on Mother's day, and that is a hard task to do when I live in another state and I have a budget to work with! So, what are my go to gifts?
- Pictures- Framed pictures or canvas pictures are sure to bring a smile to her face. Check out this DIY video I made last January about how to make the canvas printed pictures.
- Personalized Jewelry- This doesn't have to be expensive. It can be hand made or simply engraved with a quote or special date.
- Flowers- Make a beautiful flower arrangement, or plant flowers in the yard for your mom! (Last year we planted flowers in my mother-in-law's front yard on Mothers day. She loved them!)
- Food- Cook for your mom, spoil her, bake her some cookies or a cake.
- Help More- I'm sure everyone has their fair share of chores around the house, but it's mothers day, help the woman out a little more. She will appreciate it. :)
Don’t procrastinate. Mother's day is two weeks away and she deserves to be spoiled. But remember, spoiling someone doesn't mean spending money on them. It means, having them in mind, taking time to focus on them and making an effort to make them feel special.
Mom, I know you are reading this, because you read all of my blogs. (She's my mom, she's my number one fan.) I love you and I am so grateful for the love, compassion, life lessons and wisdom you have imparted to me. I love you, but i'm still not sure what to get you for Mother's day...so... to be continued.
Keeping it Fresh, Young & Free,