If you haven’t noticed, it’s officially cold outside. There was literally snow frozen onto the ground the past couple of days. It might have something to do with it being the 13th of November, and while it is getting later into the season, there’s something more to look forward to than fighting off the frigid air: APPLE PIE!
Not only is apple pie a delicious treat to eat, it makes the house smell terrifically good. It’s also something fun to make while you’re stuck inside this winter, AND it’s a popular desesrt during the holidays; make apple pie, and you’ll be everyone’s favorite.
So today, I’d like to share with you an easy apple pie recipe that will leave your house smelling of cinnamon, sugar and of course, pie.
What you will need is:
- Two nine-inch pie crusts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups thinly sliced and cored apples.
Once you have all of these ingrediants, follow these steps:
- Mix sugar(s), cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and salt.
- Slowly stir the apples into the mixture
- Place apples into the pie crust and dot with butter
- Put other pie crust on top, and seal the top crust to the bottom by pressing the edges of the crusts together
- Put slits in the top of the crust
- Put pie into a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, until crust is golden and mixture begins to bubble out of the top
- COOL DOWN AND ENJOY!
Have a delicious, fun-filled, apple pie venture :)