I'm hungry, which means you're going to get a delicious recipe in today's blog post. Now, I really don't cook. Don't let my plethora of life skills fool you. I think that if I tried to learn, I could probably be sorted into the "adequate/will not poison you" category, but I'm lazy. Admitting it is the first step, right?
But when I lived alone, I had to eat somehow. And I only worked about 12 hours a week at a job on my college campus, and I had to feed the monster (my belly). Pizza rolls and tater tots only get you so far in life, so I was forced to get a little creative. And this, my friends, is actually a very good recipe for those who are culinarily challenged and/or don't have access to a full kitchen.
Thanks to Food.com for this one - check it out for TONS of other easy, cheap college meals!
Dorm Room Chicken Parmesan
4 frozen breaded chicken patties
1 cup fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella and asiago cheese, with roasted garlic
1) Cook chicken as package directs, stopping just short, maybe about 1-2 minutes.
2) In a separate bowl, microwave the spaghetti sauce until hot.
3) Place the chicken patties on a serving plate.
4) Spread spaghetti sauce over chicken and sprinkle with the cheese.
5) Microwave until cheese melts and chicken is heated through.
6) Scarf. Chew thoroughly. We don't want you to asphyxiate yourself on delicious chicken parmesan.
Enjoy, and stay awesome!