In today's blog I wanted to share an easy laundry detergent recipe. If you take advantage of this, it could save you a lot of money. All you need to make this detergent is;
- Washing Soda or Baking Soda
- Bars of soap
- Cheese grater, bowl
- large pot/ stove top/ water
- container for the detergent
The only "complex" part of this DIY is if you decided to use baking soda instead of washing soda. If you do, you need to put the baking soda in the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour until you see a change in the texture of the baking soda. It will change from a powdery substance to a grainy one. This causes a chemical reaction in the baking soda and makes it washing soda!
- Shred the bar or bars of soap and put it in a large pot.
- Cover the shredded soap with water and put it on the stove top at medium heat and let it simmer.
- Combine the dry ingredients- 2 cups of borax and 2 cups of washing soda
- Stir the simmering soap and water together.
- Once the water and soap become a milky texture begin to pour small amount of the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. (I don't think I let it sit long enough in my video.)
- Shake or stir well and fill the rest of your container with water.
- Shake before you poar it into each load of laundry!
So simple right? I used this detergent for a few loads now and it has worked great for me! Let me know if you try it how you like it. Don't forget to subscribe to my channel and add me on social media!
(Shout out to Miss LTU Meredith for the DIY idea!)
Keeping it Fresh, Young & Free,