A gift in a jar: the dry ingredients of a recipe, layered on top of each other. An easy to create, homemade gift for the holidays.
Gift in a Jar #2:
What you will need:
- A wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar
- Ribbon, paper, gift tags or whatever you’d like to use for decorating the jar
- 1 ½ cups of dried minced onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups of elbow macaroni
Layer the above ingredients in the jar, packing each one firmly into place before adding the next one.
Attach a gift card with the following cooking directions:
- 1 jar Goulash Mix
- 1 ½ pounds of ground beef
- 3 (14 ½ oz.) cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and then drain the fat. Add the tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the Goulash Mix; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Then uncover and continue simmering until the macaroni is tender and the sauce is thickened.
The above gift in a jar should last for at least 6 months!
Stay in tune for DIY gift in a jar # 3,