Eating healthy on a budget IS possible, delicious and fun. If you feel like being a chef, even though you're on a budget, this is the blog for you! If you're interested in any other Cheap & Healthy blogs, make sure you look back in the blog posts!
Today I'll be sharing:
$2.24 per serving
328 calories per serving
- 2 cups of sweet corn
- 1 pound shelf-stable potato gnocchi
- ¾ cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, cut up
- ½ teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and dried basil or oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups torn fresh arugula
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- In a big pot with top, cook gnocchi according to package directions, adding corn the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain gnocchi and corn, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, for cream sauce, in medium saucepan combine half-and-half, cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, dried herb, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in reserved pasta water.
- Return cooked pasta to big pot. Pour cream sauce over pasta; heat through, if necessary. Stir in arugula. Serve in bowls. Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper, dried herb, and crushed red pepper.
Big thank you to Better Homes and Gardens for the recipe!
I have become seriously hungry writing this. I know what I'll be making for dinner tonight! Enjoy guys!
Until next time,