Asian food has never got this tasty this cheap. This recipe will work for ANY foodie on a budget!
This week's Cheap & Healthy recipe is:
$2.43 per serving
213 calories per serving
- 1 pound beef flank steak or boneless beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 6 ounce carton plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint leaves
- 2 small limes
- Fresh mint leaves
- Thinly slice steak across grain. In medium bowl combine beef, soy sauce, and five-spice powder; toss to coat beef. Thread beef on skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading).
- For charcoal or gas grill, grill kabobs on rack of covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine yogurt and snipped mint. From one lime, finely shred 1 tsp. peel. Juice the lime. Stir peel and 1 Tbsp. juice in to yogurt. Cut remaining lime in wedges, if desired. Serve kabobs with yogurt sauce, mint, and lime.
- Serve skewers with yogurt sauce and lime wedges. Top with additional fresh mint.
Big thank you to Better Homes and Gardens for the recipe! :)
Enjoy your delish Asian dish!
Until next time,