Quiche is good as a breakfast meal. It's also awesome for lunch or dinner. Quiche is EASY to make and is absolutely delicious! Not to mention, it's healthy and cheap! The protein from the eggs will fill you up, which will prevent you from eating "too much."
This week's cheap and healthy recipe is:
Ham, Swiss and Spinach Quiche
$1.20 per serving
298 calories per serving
- 3 cups packed baby spinach, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half and half (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 1/4 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put spinach in a greased skillet that is on medium heat. Cook the spinach until it becomes limp, then move onto a plate that's lined with paper towel
- Whisk the eggs, half and half (or milk), and salt in a large bowl until it's well mixed
- Scatter the spinach, ham and cheese into the pie crust
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust on top of the spinach, ham and cheese
- Place the pie crust onto a baking sheet and into the preheated oven
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the mixture is set and the pie crust is golden
- Allow the quiche to stand for about 15 minutes, cut and enjoy!
Enjoy this delicious recipe my friends!
Until next time,