When you save money on food, it's even tastier. Not that the following recipe needs to be cheaper to be tasty, it just happens to be!
This week's cheap and healthy recipe is:
Fast Shrimp Bisque
$2.03 per serving
224 calories per serving
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning or other seafood seasoning
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells, thawed
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste or 1 or 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- Seafood seasoning (optional)
- In a oven combine the water, Old Bay Seasoning, shrimp and celery. Cook uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp shells turn pink and shrimp are opaque. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon or tongs; set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl whisk together evaporated milk, milk, flour, and anchovy paste; stir into liquid in Dutch oven. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel shrimp. Chop about half the shrimp. Add chopped shrimp to soup. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into bowls. Top with remaining shrimp. Pass additional seafood seasoning.
Shrimp is absolutely delicious (to me.) Enjoy guys!
Big thank you to Better Homes and Gardens for the recipe!
Don't stay hungry,