If you want to save money while eating healthy, YOU CAN! Check out this week's sequel to the first "Cheap & Healthy Dinner Recipes" blog.
This week, it's all about that
Chicken, Tomato & Cucumber Dinner Salad
$2.57 per serving
336 calories per serving
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- A dash of Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium cucumber cut in thin ribbons
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, halved and/or sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese (optional)
- In large skillet heat 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil over medium heat. Lightly sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until no pink remains.
- For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine remaining oil, vinegar, thyme, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; shake to combine.
- On four dinner plates arrange chicken, cucumber ribbons, sliced tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads.
- Substitute fish for chicken, zucchini or carrots for cucumbers, halved cherry or grape tomatoes for sliced tomatoes, and pitted Kalamata or ripe olives for the olives.
Big thank you to Better Homes and Gardens for the recipe!
Enjoy your Mediterranean-style dish everyone! It should only take around 20 minutes to prepare... and depending how tasty it is, maybe just a few minutes to eat ;)
Let me know how you like it!