For all you vegetarians out there, eating on a budget can be just as challenging for you as it is for carnivores. But as you should be aware of by now, a tight budget doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the health factor. Good old ramen noodles, when combined with the right ingredients, can offer some cheap yet reasonably healthy options for those who avoid meat!
Ramen Noodle Alfredo with Vegetables
- 1 package of Ramen Noodle
- 3 chopped Mushrooms
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 large potato chopped
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2/3 cup of mixed cheese including mozzarella, provolone, and cheddar
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot, when boiling add noodles.
2. Chop all vegetables into small pieces.
3. Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium heat.
4. Add pine nuts, cook 3 minutes and add all vegetables and onion powder and basil. Allow to cook during steps 5 & 6 for around ten minutes.
5. Pour out water from pot, keep noodles in pot with a small bit of water.
6. Add butter, buttermilk and cheese. Mix until melted.
7. Add the vegetable mix to the noodles.
Do you have any cheap, delicious recipes? Leave 'em here or over on Facebook!