Starving? Happen to have some frozen bread dough, 1/2 pound of sliced ham, some salami and marinara sauce?
Here's a great, quick recipe to make a quick snack, or make a bunch and call it dinner! Easy and super cheap, too! (About $1.10 per serving, where 1 serving is 2 pieces.)
• 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
• 1/2 pound sliced ham
• 1/2 pound sliced hard salami
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup jarred marinara sauce
1) Roll each loaf of dough into a rectangle about 8x12 inches.
2) Layer ham and salami down the center of each rolled loaf lengthwise.
3) Top meats with 1 cup shredded mozzarella for each roll.
4) Fold short ends of each loaf in about 1/2 inch and seal. Roll from the long sides and pinch well to seal the entire loaf. You should have 2 long rolls.
5) Bake, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet at 375F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Cut each roll into 8 slices and serve with marinara for dipping.
YUM YUM! I've actually had these bad boys before, and they're a great alternative to buying pizza rolls to snack on!
Thanks to family.go.com for the recipe!