Titanic 3D is out in theaters now, which has hurtled me back to 1997 when I was just a young child of ten, sitting in the theaters with my mom and watching her cry as Rose let go of Jack. While my mom was sobbing over the sweeping epic romance, I was fascinated by the history of the thing -- and I still am today!
Don't lie ... you've done this before. (source)
In honor of Titanic 3D, here are some odd facts about the movie that you might not have known before! Thanks to BuzzFeed.com for the interesting tidbits.
1) The studio wanted Matthew McConaughey to play Jack. Director James Cameron, however, was insistent that (my boyfriend) Leonardo DiCaprio play the role.
2) Reba McEntire was supposed to play Molly Brown. Can you imagine anyone but Kathy Bates in that role?! I can't.
3) Titanic was the first movie to be released on video while it was still in theaters.
4) All those pictures that Jack supposedly drew? Drawn by James Cameron. Boom. Those are even his hands in the closeup shots in the movie.
5) The water that those extras were jumping into? It was only about 3 feet deep. Impressive acting, extras!
6) You know the part where Jack and Rose are partying hard with the third class passengers? All of that ale was actually root beer. Yum yum yum.
7) To throw off paparazzi and investigative journalists, the film's "dummy" title was Planet Ice.
8) Titanic was the first film directed by James Cameron that didn't include or mention nuclear weapons.
Thirty-three marvelous Titanic film facts await you at Buzzfeed.com, so go check it out! And if I don't make it to the theater to see it, sing a few bars of "My Heart Will Go On" for me!