It seems like everyone is catching some kind of bug these days. I myself got sick last week and I still haven’t fully recovered. I hate being sick, but I really hate being sick while I’m away from home or surrounded by loads of stress and work. So, I can’t imagine how horrible being sick while being away at school could be. Although the tips I list in this blog are not a way to completely prevent sickness, they will help you stay strong and healthy longer.
- Wash your hands as much as you can. This is a simple step that we are taught at a young age. It’s incredible to me how many grown people think washing your hands is pointless. Do us all a favor, and please wash your hands.
- Take vitamins. Vitamins will help keep you strong, and alert while helping your body fight infections. This could be as simple as taking some gummy vitamins every day or as complex as having a pile of vitamins you take. Just do yourself a favor and take some vitamins.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is so important. Pulling all-nighters, or just sleeping 4-5 hours every night is not healthy and could really set you up to get sick.
- Drink water. Hydrate all day every day. Your body depends on water, so, for goodness sake give it plenty of water.
- Eat fruits and veggies. When you have a proper intake of fruits and veggies you are giving your body even more awesome nutrients to stay strong and help fight infection. An easy way to eat a proper amount of fruits and veggies is by making a delicious smoothie.
Although these tips won’t always keep you from getting sick, they will definitely help your body stay strong through any little bug that might try to get to you.
Keeping it Fresh, Young & Free,