This job gave me way more than some free gas and a pay check. Thanks to these two years as the Spokester, I learned a lot about myself.
Here are just a few things that I learned;
- I love Credit Unions. Before this job, I had no idea what a credit union was, but now I have so much passion and appreciation for Michigan First Credit Union and the credit union culture.
- I love going to Grand Rapids! I was never a city girl, but I have absolutely loved my time in Grand Rapids. It's an amazing city to hang out in.
- I'm more adventures than I give myself credit for. I have never been a shy person, but taking road trips by myself, and running around recording myself, and passing out business cards with my face on it, requires a whole new level of boldness.
- It's hard to come up with creative content to post every day. I am an extremely creative thinker, but after a few months of posting content, my creativity started to die down a little. I had to find ways to refresh my creativity.
- My future is brighter than I could have ever imagined. This job was life changing. It gave me a platform to create and the ability to be me. This job has given me even more motivation to chase after my dreams and not give up on my personal and career goals.
This was a different season of life for me. It wasn't always easy, but I was determined to make it a memorable time. I wanted to make a positive impact on the people I worked with and the students I spoke with and I believe I accomplished that. :)
I will leave you with one more piece of advice. Never stop learning, never stop growing and never stop being nice to others. Be consistent, work hard and own up to your faults. You can have a positive impact on others; and no matter whats going on around you, you can make a difference in your school or work environment.
Thank you Young & Free Michigan and Michigan First Credit Union.
Keeping it Fresh, Young & Free,