High school senior essays
There is NOT a voting phase this year. The information on the auto-response email is from last year and not accurate. Submissions will be reviewed by the scholarship committee judging panel this year. No further action is needed on your part. If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be contacted directly. Good luck!
To enter a high school senior essay you must:
- Be a member of Michigan First prior to January 8, 2018. If you're not a member, find out how to join.
- Be currently attending a high school as a Senior anywhere in the United States. provided you were a member of Michigan First Credit Union in good standing prior to January 8, 2018.
- Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.8.
- Intend to be a full time student (12+ credit hours) at a college or university for the Fall 2018 semester.
- Fully complete the online application form and attach the required supporting documents.
- Include an ESSAY (we suggest it be 300-500 words in length), answering the question: "What is something more people need to know about? Tell us what it is and why."
Please read the official rules for complete details on requirements and eligibility.
Make sure to read the requirements above and the rules; the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at Scholarships@MichiganFirst.com. We’ll get back to you within 24 business hours. If you send your question on the weekend, it may be Monday before we get back to you.
Before you begin the form be sure to have your essay and supporting documents ready. You'll need a copy of your latest report card including your name, your school’s name, and your cumulative GPA, and a recent photo to complete your application.
- Entry period begins:
Monday, January 8 at 12:00 p.m.
- Entry deadline:
Monday, February 5 at 3:00 p.m.
- Winners notified:
On or around March 15