Are you the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester?
Social media savvy? Creative blogger? Video natural? Want the ultimate job? We’re looking for you!
Get the Young & Free Michigan Spokester title for a one to two year term, based upon performance, and a $30,000 annual salary, plus a chance to earn $5,000 bonus money. No cue cards. No scripts. Just you, being yourself, speaking for Michigan First Credit Union. Get paid to blog, create videos, spend time online, take part in fun events, hangout on campus, and even talk to the media. Plus, you'll be set up with everything you need to do your job, including:
- An Apple® MacBook Pro notebook computer loaded up with Adobe® Creative Suite software
- An HD video camera with mic and accessories
- An iPhone® with a paid contract
- The use of a car with free gas
These will be your tools of the trade. And best of all, you get to keep the camera, phone and the computer at the end of your term. So, if you are creative, outgoing, self-motivated and between age 18 and 25, here's what you need to do to apply:
- Read the job description, entry requirements and official rules
- A short video scripted, produced and edited by you, which directly addresses the question “Why would you make an awesome Spokester for Young & Free Michigan?” We suggest your video be no more than three minutes in length.
- A sample blog, written by you, on the topic “Five ways to save money on a Michigan vacation”. Your challenge is to make it fun, interesting, and to connect with your readership in the 17-25 year old range.
- A fully completed application form that is entered before the deadline May 12, 2017 by 3:00 p.m. ET.
Then, starting on May 16, it's up to you to campaign and get enough votes to be one of the Super Seven finalists. The four applicants who get the most votes will automatically move on to the finals, where they will be joined by three other applicants chosen by the Young & Free Michigan team.
Plus, the six runners-up each receive some Young & Free Michigan swag and a $100 gift card.
- Entry deadline:
May 12, 3:00 p.m.
- Public Vote:
May 16, 12:00 p.m. to
May 23, 3:00 p.m.
- Super Seven Finalists announced:
- Getting to know each other:
June 7, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
assigned 1-hour blocks of time
- Winner notified:
On or about June 15