These Official Rules are specific to the Young & Free Michigan Spokester Search Contest (The Contest).
Definition of terms: for the purposes of this contest the terms “entry” or “submission” refers to original video or blog post.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
The “Contest Sponsors” are Michigan First Credit Union and Currency Marketing who own and operate the Young & Free Michigan Program.
- Entry Period of The Contest begins April 17, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. and closes May 12, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
- Public Voting Period to determine Finalists of The Contest begins May 16, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. and ends May 23, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
- Judging Period for Finalists of The Contest begins May 23, 2017 at 3:01 p.m. and ends around June 15, 2017.
- Getting to know each other: A group event will be held on June 7, 2017 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the headquarters of Michigan First Credit Union (27000 Evergreen Road, Lathrup Village, MI). Candidates will be scheduled for one hour blocks to meet our team. Attendance is by invitation only and is mandatory for Finalists of The Contest.
- Winner of The Contest will be notified on or around June 15, 2017.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States.
- At the time of the contest entry deadline of May 12, 2017, entrant must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Current paid employees (including student employees and interns), retirees and representatives of the Contest Sponsors and their respective afﬁliates, subsidiaries, related companies agents, associates, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies—as well as immediate family members of the Michigan First Senior Management, Human Resource or Marketing teams (including spouse, children, step-children, brothers and sisters or any persons with whom they live) are not eligible to enter The Contest.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in The Contest.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to The Contest Sponsors for the purpose of The Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry.
One (1) grand prize will be awarded: The grand prize winner will be offered employment serving for approximately one to two years, based on performance in a full-time position as the Young & Free Michigan Spokester. The full offer of employment including terms, conditions, compensation package, hours of work and equipment supplied will be provided to the winner.
The winner must be eligible to work in the U.S. and may be required to re-locate to southeast Michigan during the employment period. In addition, the winner must consent to the Sponsor’s usual employment background checks. The winner must be willing to travel on an as-needed basis.
Six (6) runner-up prizes will be awarded: Each of the six runners-up will be awarded a $100 gift card and some Young & Free Michigan swag.
The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received and the number of votes received.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the contest the entrant agrees they are willing and able to accept the published prizes, in the event they are voted a finalist or chosen a winner.
To be eligible to claim a prize, the Winner must:
- Sign a Release Form declaring compliance with rules, assigning all rights to the submission, to the Sponsors, and releasing The Contest Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the Prizes awarded.
- Produce valid identification and, if requested by The Contest Sponsors, proof of age and photo identification.
How to enter
- No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or win The Contest.
- Enter The Contest during the entry period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and following instructions for presenting your entry.
Entry must consist of:
- A short video scripted, produced and edited by you, which directly addresses the question “Why would you make an awesome Spokester for Young & Free Michigan?” We suggest your video be no more than three minutes long.
- A sample blog, written by you, on the topic “Five ways to save money on a Michigan vacation”. Your challenge is to make it fun, interesting, and to connect with your readership in the 17-25 year old range.
- A fully completed application form that is entered before the deadline May 12, 2017 by 3:00 p.m. ET.
At the end of the public vote, the four applicants with the most votes will automatically move on. The Young & Free Michigan Team will choose the remaining three finalists. Together, these are known as the Super Seven Finalists. The Super Seven Finalists will be required to attend the in-person Getting to Know Each Other meet-up on June 7, 2017. The judging committee will determine the Winner to be awarded the job as the Young & Free Michigan Spokester.
The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Contest:
- Meet the technical specifications required for it to be uploaded to, and received by, The Contest website by the end of the entry phase of The Contest period.
- Not contain any language or images or content that conflicts with any of The Contest Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to The Contest Sponsors (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law.
- Any entrant that submits an entry with content that violates any third party's trademarks (such as music or logos), copyright, privacy, personality and intellectual property rights, does so at the entrants own risk.
By entering The Contest you represent and warrant that you:
- Are the original creator of all components of the entry
- That the entry meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the video and blog entry submitted with the application, as well as the challenge video and blog post, are being submitted on a non-conﬁdential basis and, the Sponsors may, post to a website, use in advertising, or otherwise use that entry in connection with The Contest without compensation.