Alexis is a 24-year-old from Clinton Township
Hello, everyone! My name is Alexis Alfred and I am a fun-loving, and hard-working journalist, blogger and host! I am currently back home in Michigan trying to figure out what's next for me in my career while also working a part-time job. I want what I do next to be in a field where I can express my creativity and individuality. I want to wake up every morning excited to go to work! Thank you so much for checking out my video!
It's finally starting to heat up in Michigan, and soon it will be time to get the summer festivities started! Are you planning to travel this summer? Well, I’ll have you know that there are tons of things to do and see in Michigan! Literally, Michigan is home to some of the coolest museums and national parks! I'll give you a couple of seconds to google Michigan attractions. Go ahead, google it. I'm still waiting. *twiddles fingers* Annddd were back! So much stuff to see, right? From the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum in Chippewa County to the Tahquamenon Falls in Lice County. Michigan is a traveler’s treasure chest. Try saying that three times fast! I know you're probably thinking, "I don't have the money to travel this summer, or planning a vacation is too hard." I'm here to tell you that you don’t need a ton of money to travel. *Gasps* The most important ingredients to successful vacationing is planning and budgeting! Are you not the best at planning and budgeting? No worries! I'm here to help you vacation smarter not harder. Below are five ways to save money on a Michigan vacation.
1. Research- Where are you going? What is there to see and do? Are there any activities you want to do specifically? Asking yourself questions like these will help you narrow down the activities you want to do while also help you estimate how much money you’ll need to do them.
2. Plan- When vacationing, I’ve come to find that some type of itinerary is needed. This is to help you budget your spending. Once you research the activities you want to do, you’re able to put money aside for those experiences and factor in vacation spending money. Planning also helps you save time. There’s nothing worse than winging a vacation. You want to get the best for your time and money!
3. Use Resources- The internet has tons of sites that help people travel smarter not harder. For example, websites like Groupon gives discounts on things like attractions, food, drinks and even lodging based off location. The coupons can even be bought before vacationing, making travel budgeting way simpler! Heck, even some insurance companies offer discounts on hotel stays and transportation! Don’t forget to check them out too!
4. Travel Like The Locals- Many people can spend tons of money on renting cars while on vacation. A lot of times to really experience a new place rental cars aren’t needed. To save some coins, use the bus, train or whatever mode of transportation available. You can always call a Lyft or Uber if you want!
5. Be Present- Make sure you are present and enjoy the moment! Remember, the best things in life are free!