Young & Free Michigan Scholarship Competition
Help students win up to $85,000 in scholarships
Meet our Top 10 by clicking on each category below!
Michigan First believes in helping young people achieve their dreams. Over the past thirteen years we have awarded more than $990,000 in scholarships to deserving Michigan students with big dreams! This year, the Young & Free Michigan Scholarship program will award up to $85,000 in scholarships! High school seniors and current college students ages 17 to 25 are eligible to apply.*
$10,000, $5,000 and $3,000 will be awarded in three categories:
Plus up to 31 additional $1,000 scholarships may be awarded to qualifying high school seniors.
Here’s what you need to do to enter
- Read the official rules.
- Choose one category that best applies to you and complete the application form.
- Include your video or essay answering this question: "What do you think your generation does better than any other generation? Tell us why." Share your creative ideas with us!
- Entry deadline is February 6, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
- Get your family, friends and everyone you know to vote for you February 10 to 20, 2017.
To move to the judging round, it’s up to you to campaign and get enough votes to become one of the top 10 finalists in the category you applied. From there, the judges will determine the top three scholarship winners in each category.
* Please read the rules for detailed eligibility requirements.
- Entry deadline:
Monday, February 6 at 3:00 p.m.
- Public voting:
February 10 at 12 p.m. to February 20 at 3 p.m.
February 21 to March 3
- Winners notified:
On or around March 6