High school senior essays
To enter a high school senior essay you must:
- Be a member of Michigan First. If you're not a member, find out how to join.
- Be currently attending a high school as a Senior in the state of Michigan.
- Or be attending high school as a senior anywhere in the United States provided you were a member of Michigan First Credit Union in good standing prior to
January 9, 2017.
- Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.8.
- Intend to be a full time student (12+ credit hours) at a college or university for the Fall 2017 semester.
- Fully complete the online application form and attach the required supporting documents.
- Include an ESSAY (we suggest it be 500 words or less), answering the question: "What do you think your generation does better than any other generation? Tell us why."
Please read the official rules for complete details on requirements and eligibility.
Make sure to read the requirements above and the rules; the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at Scholarships@MichiganFirst.com. We’ll get back to you within 24 business hours. If you send your question on the weekend, it may be Monday before we get back to you.
Before you begin the form be sure to have your essay and supporting documents ready. You'll need a copy of your latest report card including your name, your school’s name, and your cumulative GPA, and a recent photo to complete your application.