Who can enter:
You need to be 18 to 25 years old and meet all the criteria listed in the official rules. Yeah, you gotta’ read the rules!
You need to be computer savvy, self-motivated, outgoing and generally awesome!
You must be willing and able to work full-time throughout your term as Spokester. May be required to relocate to southeast Michigan. Check out the full job description to make sure this job is for you.
How to enter:
Complete the application form online at YoungFreeMichigan.com, including the blog post and video link.
Your entry must include:
- A short video scripted, produced and edited by you, which directly addresses the question “Why would you make an awesome Spokester for Young & Free Michigan?” We suggest your video be no more than three minutes in length.
- A sample blog, written by you, on the topic “Five ways to save money on a Michigan vacation”. Your challenge is to make it fun, interesting, and to connect with your readership in the 17-25 year old range.
- A fully completed application form that is entered before the deadline May 12, 2017 by 3:00 p.m. ET. (Don’t wait until the last minute – servers can get busy!)
How to win:
- Be sure to tell all your friends, family and fans to vote for you May 16 to 23!
- At the end of the public vote, the top four vote-getters will automatically move on. The Young & Free Michigan Team will choose the other three finalists. Together, these are the Super Seven finalists.
- The Super Seven finalists will be required to attend an in-person meet-up on June 7.
- The judging committee will then determine the winner to be awarded the job as the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester.
IMPORTANT: Since a huge part of this job is about you creating awesome videos, you must produce your application video by yourself including scripting, filming, editing and uploading. It is really important that whoever gets the Spokester job is thoroughly capable of producing his or her own videos without any outside help. If you need someone to hold the camera, that's ok. Thanks!
- There is a limit of one vote per legitimate email address.
- The use of online vote garnering sites or automated vote generating systems is not allowed.
- Votes suspected of being made via a vote garnering site, under multiple identities, or through the use of any method to vote in excess of the permitted number will be disqualified.
Make sure to read the job description, and official rules pages, the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you within 24 hours. If you send your question on the weekend, we'll get back to you on Monday.
- Entry deadline:
May 12, 3:00 p.m.
- Public Vote:
May 16, 12:00 p.m. to
May 23, 3:00 p.m.
- Super Seven Finalists announced:
- Getting to know each other:
June 7, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Assigned 1-hour blocks of time
- Winner notified:
On or about June 15