These Official Rules are specific to the Young & Free Michigan Spokester Search Contest (The Contest).
Definition of terms: for the purposes of this contest the terms “entry” or “submission” refers to original video or blog post.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
The “Contest Sponsors” are Michigan First Credit Union and Currency Marketing who own and operate the Young & Free Michigan Program.
- Entry Period of The Contest begins February 2, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. ET and closes March 7, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Public Voting Period to determine Finalists of The Contest begins March 9, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. ET and ends March 23, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Judging Period for Finalists of The Contest begins March 24, 2016 at 3:01 p.m. ET and ends around April 18, 2016.
- Show Your Stuff Meet-up: A group interview event will be held on April 8, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, at the headquarters of Michigan First Credit Union (27000 Evergreen Road, Lathrup Village, MI). Attendance is by invitation only and is mandatory for Finalists of The Contest.
- Finalist Challenge is an additional blog and video due April 12, 2016 by 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Winner of The Contest will be notified on the week of April 18, 2016.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States.
- At the time of the contest entry deadline of March 7, 2016, entrant must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Current paid employees (including student employees and interns), retirees and representatives of the Contest Sponsors and their respective afﬁliates, subsidiaries, related companies agents, associates, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies—as well as immediate family members of the Michigan First Senior Management, Human Resource or Marketing teams (including spouse, children, step-children, brothers and sisters or any persons with whom they live) are not eligible to enter The Contest.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in The Contest.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to The Contest Sponsors for the purpose of The Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry.
One (1) grand prize will be awarded: The grand prize winner will be offered employment serving for approximately one year in a full-time position as the Young & Free Michigan Spokester. The full offer of employment including terms, conditions, compensation package, hours of work and equipment supplied will be provided to the winner.
The winner must be eligible to work in the U.S. and may be required to re-locate to southeast Michigan during the employment period. In addition, the winner must consent to the Sponsor’s usual employment background checks. The winner must be willing to travel on an as-needed basis.
Nine (9) runner-up prizes will be awarded: Each of the nine runners-up will be awarded a $100 gift card and some Young & Free Michigan logo items.
The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received and the number of votes received.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the contest the entrant agrees they are willing and able to accept the published prizes, in the event they are voted a finalist or chosen a winner.
To be eligible to claim a prize, the Winner must:
- Sign a Release Form declaring compliance with rules, assigning all rights to the submission, to the Sponsors, and releasing The Contest Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the Prizes awarded.
- Produce valid identification and, if requested by The Contest Sponsors, proof of age and photo identification.
How to enter
- No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or win The Contest.
- Enter The Contest during the entry period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and following instructions for presenting your entry.
Entry must consist of:
- A short video scripted, produced and edited by you, which directly addresses the question “If you become the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester, how would you reach young adults to teach them about money management?” We suggest your video be approximately 60 seconds in length.
- A sample blog, written by you, on the topic “Five ways to save money on a Michigan vacation”. Your challenge is to make it fun, interesting, and to connect with your readership in the 17-25 year old range.
- A fully completed application form that is entered before the deadline March 7, 2016 by 3:00 p.m. ET.
At the end of the public vote, the top seven vote-getters will automatically move on. The Young & Free Michigan Team will choose the remaining three finalists. Together, these are known as the Top Ten Finalists. All Top Ten Finalists will be required to attend the in-person Show Your Stuff meet-up on April 8, 2016 and submit an additional video and blog post, due by April 12 by 3:00 p.m. ET. Finalists will be given all the details and instructions on how to submit these entries. The judging committee will determine the Winner to be awarded the job as the Young & Free Michigan Spokester.
The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Contest:
- Meet the technical specifications required for it to be uploaded to, and received by, The Contest website by the end of the entry phase of The Contest period.
- Not contain any language or images or content that conflicts with any of The Contest Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to The Contest Sponsors (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law.
- Any entrant that submits an entry with content that violates any third party's trademarks (such as music or logos), copyright, privacy, personality and intellectual property rights, does so at the entrants own risk.
By entering The Contest you represent and warrant that you:
- Are the original creator of all components of the entry
- That the entry meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the video and blog entry submitted with the application, as well as the challenge video and blog post, are being submitted on a non-confidential basis and, the Sponsors may, post to a website, use in advertising, or otherwise use that entry in connection with The Contest without compensation.
How to vote
The public may vote for their favorite entry during the voting period by visiting YoungFreeMichigan.com and following the instructions on The Contest website. Voting will be open to the general public. Vote totals or individual totals will not be released to the public nor participants.
There is a limit of one vote per legitimate email address during the voting period. Votes that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be disqualified.
Votes made under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries will be disqualified.
The use of any type of online vote garnering site or automated vote generating systems is prohibited. Votes identified as coming from such a format will be marked ineligible and may lead to your disqualification from consideration for the position.
At the end of the public vote, the top seven vote-getters will automatically move on. The Young & Free Michigan Team will choose the remaining three finalists. Together, these are known as the Top Ten finalists who will move on for a chance at the grand prize.
The winner of the grand prize will be determined by the Judging Committee, comprised of Sponsor employees and other members as determined by the Sponsors. The Finalist applicants will be evaluated on their original entry, additional submissions, the in-person meet-up and their suitability for the job.
The Winner will be notified and announced on YoungFreeMichigan.com and in the media on or about April 18, 2016. Potential winners who cannot be contacted, despite reasonably diligent efforts, may be disqualified.
Awarding the grand prize
In order to be eligible to be awarded the grand prize each recipient must:
- Meet all requirements outlined in the Contest Official Rules.
- Understand the winner of the contest is expected to work a full-time schedule beginning on or about May 2, 2016 (exact date to be set with the winner) and continuing for approximately one year.
- Sign a Declaration of Compliance with Rules and Regulations and an Assignment, Release and Indemnity Form, assigning all rights to the submission to The Contest Sponsors, in connection with The Contest, including all copyrights and moral rights and releasing The Contest Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the prizes awarded.
- Confirm that you are the original creator of the submission and that you own all rights to it and are able to fully assign all rights to The Contest Sponsors as contemplated above.
- Have a valid, current, and unrestricted driver’s license.
- The Contest Sponsors may, at any time in their sole discretion, disqualify any entrant who: does not meet The Contest eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt The Contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsors in relation to The Contest will be ﬁnal and binding on all entrants.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan.
- The Contest Sponsors will only enter into correspondence with the entrant when it relates to Young & Free Michigan.