Are you the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester?
Social media savvy? Creative blogger? Video natural? Want the Ultimate Job? We’re looking for you!
Get the Young & Free Michigan Spokester title for a full year and a $30,000 annual salary, plus a chance to earn $5,000 bonus money. No cue cards. No scripts. Just you, being yourself, speaking for Michigan First Credit Union. Get paid to blog, create videos, spend time online, take part in fun events, hangout on campus, and even talk to the media. Plus, you'll be set up with everything you need to do your job, including:
- An Apple® MacBook Pro notebook computer loaded up with Adobe® Creative Suite software
- An HD video camera with mic and accessories
- An iPhone® with a paid contract
- The use of a car with free gas
These will be your tools of the trade. And best of all, you get to keep the camera, phone and the computer. So if you are creative, outgoing, self-motivated and between age 18 and 25, here's what you need to do to apply:
- Read the job description, entry requirements and official rules
- Create a cool video addressing the topic "If you become the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester, how would you reach young adults to teach them about money management?" We suggest your video be around 60 seconds in length.
- Write a blog as if you were the Young & Free Michigan Spokester, based on the topic " Five ways to save money on a Michigan vacation" – your challenge is to make this financial topic fun and interesting!
- Complete the entry form by March 7, 2016 by 3:00 p.m.
Then, starting on March 9, it's up to you to campaign and get enough votes to be one of the 10 finalists. The seven applicants who get the most votes will automatically move on to the finals, where they will be joined by three other applicants chosen by the Young & Free Michigan team.
Plus, the nine runners-up each receive some Young & Free Michigan swag and a $100 gift card.
- Entry deadline:
March 7, 3 p.m.
- Public Vote:
March 9, 12 p.m. to March 23, 3 p.m.
- Top 10 announced:
- Show Your Stuff Meet-up:
April 8, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Finalists' Challenge items due:
April 12, 3 p.m.
- Winner notified:
On or about April 18