Young & Free Michigan Scholarship Competition
Help students win up to $85,000 in scholarships
Click on category to see the Top 10 for each.
Michigan First believes in helping young people achieve their dreams. Over the past twelve years we have awarded more than $905,000 in scholarships to deserving Michigan students with big dreams! This year, the Young & Free Michigan Scholarship program will award up to $85,000 in scholarships! High school seniors and current college student ages 17 to 25 are eligible to apply.*
$10,000, $5,000 and $3,000 will be awarded in three categories:
Plus up to 31 additional $1,000 scholarships may be awarded to qualifying high school seniors.
Here’s what you need to do to enter
- Read the official rules.
- Choose one category that best applies to you and complete the application form.
- Include your video or essay answering this question: "What invention do you think the world would be better off without and why? We encourage creative thinking!" Share your ideas with us!
- Entry deadline is February 1, 2016 at 3:00 p.m.
- Get your family, friends and everyone you know to vote for you February 5 to 15, 2016.
To move to the judging round, it’s up to you to campaign and get enough votes to become one of the top 10 finalists in the category you applied. The judges will determine the top three scholarship winners in each category.
* Please read the rules for detailed eligibility requirements.
- Entry deadline:
Monday, February 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Public voting:
February 5 at 12 p.m. to February 15 at 3 p.m.
February 16 to February 26
- Winners notified:
On or around February 29