Spokester position overview
Purpose of the Spokester:
The Young & Free Michigan Spokester is the voice of the 17-to-25 Michigan crowd. This person is aware of what’s happening in the lives of people 17-to-25, can relate to them and can capture the essence of what this group is about.
What does the Spokester do?
The Young & Free Spokester will work full time attending events and posting daily blog entries and weekly video blog entries. Throughout the year, there will be numerous travel and speaking commitments.
The Spokester will:
- Be an advocate for the 17-to-25 year old Michigan crowd and represent Michigan First Credit Union.
- You must be willing and able to work full-time throughout your term as Spokester. May be required to relocate to southeast Michigan.
- Create YouTube videos and blogs, attend cool events, reward members, fans and followers and… just be you!
We’ll set you up with everything you need to do your job, including:
- Apple® MacBook Pro notebook computer
- HD video camera with microphone and accessories
- Smart phone with a paid contract during your term
- The use of a car (with paid gas)
These will be your tools of the trade. Plus, you get to keep the computer, phone and the camera!
The successful applicant must be:
- Self-motivated and able to talk to anyone, anytime
- Dynamic, likeable and outgoing
- Creative and energetic in writing and other communications
- Comfortable on camera
- Computer savvy
- Able to film, edit and upload video
- Comfortable with all things web and social media
- Organized and show strong follow-through on ideas and plans
The Young & Free Michigan Spokester must have a high school diploma. If the successful candidate is attending college he or she will be encouraged to continue with his or her schooling, however, with the full-time commitment for this job, the Spokester will need to scale back other commitments and schooling to one class per semester to fit the requirements of the position.
The Young & Free MICHIGAN Spokester is required to:
- Become a member of Michigan First
- Attend and speak at events throughout the year
- Post daily blog entries and weekly video blogs
- Manage the Young & Free Michigan social media accounts with daily posts
- Understand every aspect of Young & Free Michigan and the First Gear Account
- Understand the general history of credit unions and the benefits of being a member by attending required credit union training classes
- Film and edit video episodes for broadcast on the Young & Free Michigan microsite through YouTube
- Attend events as requested by the Young & Free Michigan team
- Participate in media interviews as requested
- Reply to member/fan email within 24 hours
- Reply to member/fan text messages, Facebook comments, Twitter tweets, and YouTube comments within 24 hours
- Based on feedback from the 17-to-25 crowd, provide suggestions to the Young & Free Michigan team about:
– Video and blog post topics
– Trends to watch for this age group
– Ways to improve the First Gear Account
– Events to attend in the future
- Keep proper care of all equipment and car supplied by the credit union
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Maintain all deadlines and notify the Young & Free Michigan team if there will be any problems with scheduling
- Complete all tasks in a diligent manner
- As a representative of Michigan First in the community, the Young & Free Michigan Spokester is expected to conduct himself or herself in a professional manner
The full offer of employment, including terms, conditions, equipment supplied and hours of work will be provided to the winner.
- Entry deadline:
March 7, 3 p.m.
- Public Vote:
March 9, 12 p.m. to March 23, 3 p.m.
- Top 10 announced:
- Show Your Stuff Meet-up:
April 8, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Finalists' Challenge items due:
April 12, 3 p.m.
- Winner notified:
The week of April 18