Who can enter:
You need to be 18 to 25 years old and meet all the criteria listed in the official rules. Yeah, you gotta’ read the rules!
You need to be computer savvy, self-motivated, outgoing and generally awesome!
You must be willing and able to work full-time throughout your term as Spokester. May be required to relocate to southeast Michigan. Check out the full job description to make sure this job is for you.
How to enter:
Complete the application form online at YoungFreeMichigan.com, including the blog post and video link.
Your entry must:
- Include a short video scripted, produced and edited by you, which directly addresses the question “If you become the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester, how would you reach young adults to teach them about money management?” We suggest your video be approximately 60 seconds in length.
- Include a sample blog, written by you, on the topic “Five ways to save money on a Michigan vacation”. Your challenge is to make it fun, interesting, and to connect with your readership in the 17-25 year old range.
- Include a fully completed application form.
- Be complete and entered before the deadline March 7, 2016 by 3:00 p.m. (Don’t wait until the last minute – servers can get busy!)
How to win:
- Be sure to tell all your friends, family and fans to vote for you March 9 to March 23!
- At the end of the public vote, the top seven vote-getters will automatically move on. The Young & Free Michigan Team will choose the other three finalists. Together, these are the 10 Finalists.
- The 10 Finalists will be required to attend an in-person meet-up on April 8.
- Finalists will be required to produce another video and blog by April 12, 3 p.m.
- Finalists will be given all the details and instructions on how to submit the additional blog and video entry.
- Then the judging committee will determine the winner to be awarded the job as the next Young & Free Michigan Spokester.
IMPORTANT: Since a huge part of this job is about you creating awesome videos, you must produce your application video by yourself including scripting, filming, editing and uploading. It is really important that whoever gets the Spokester job is thoroughly capable of producing his or her own videos without any outside help. Thanks!
- There is a limit of one vote per legitimate email address.
- The use of online vote garnering sites or automated vote generating systems is not allowed.
- Votes suspected of being made via a vote garnering site, under multiple identities, or through the use of any method to vote in excess of the permitted number will be disqualified.
Make sure to read the job description, and official rules pages, the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you within 24 hours. If you send your question on the weekend, we'll get back to you on Monday.
- Entry deadline:
March 7, 3 p.m.
- Public Vote:
March 9, 12 p.m. to March 23, 3 p.m.
- Top 10 announced:
- Show Your Stuff Meet-up:
April 8, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Finalists' Challenge items due:
April 12, 3 p.m.
- Winner notified:
The week of April 18