College student videos
To enter a college student video you must:
- Be a member of Michigan First. If you're not a member, find out how to join.
- Be between seventeen (17) and twenty-five (25) years-of-age at time of entry.
- Either be currently attending a university, college or community college as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or enrolled in a graduate program.
- Or be a previous high school graduate who did not immediately enter university, college or community college upon high school graduation; if entrant entered the armed forces, he/she must have been honorably discharged. Previous high school graduates must provide an official copy of senior transcripts. Veterans must provide a copy of honorable discharge papers.
- Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.8.
- Intend to be a full time student (12+ credit hours) at a college or university for the Fall 2016 semester.
- Fully complete the online application form and attach the required supporting documents.
- Include a VIDEO (we suggest it be sixty (60) seconds or less), answering the question: "What invention do you think the world would be better off without and why? We encourage creative thinking!"
Please read the official rules for complete details on requirements and eligibility.
Make sure to read the requirements above and the rules; the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at Scholarships@MichiganFirst.com. We’ll get back to you within 24 business hours. If you send your question on the weekend, it may be Monday before we get back to you.
Before you begin the form be sure to have your video and supporting documents ready. A copy of your latest transcript including your name, your school’s name, and your cumulative GPA and, a recent photo to complete your application.
Entry application is now closed
- Entry deadline:
Monday, February 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Public voting:
February 5 at 12 p.m. to February 15 at 3 p.m.
February 16 to February 26
- Winners notified:
On or around February 29