Winter Wonder Win
Young & Free Michigan
2014 Winter Wonder Win Contest Rules and Regulations
These Contest Rules and Regulations are speciﬁc to the Young & Free Michigan 2014 Winter Wonder Win (The Contest).
Definition of terms: For the purposes of this contest the term “entry” refers to Facebook like, Instagram or Twitter follow, Twitter favorite, Facebook or Instagram comment, Twitter retweet and Facebook or Instagram share.
The “Contest Sponsors” are Michigan First Credit Union and Currency Marketing who own and operate the Young & Free Michigan Program.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
- The Contest Sponsors may at any time in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet The Contest eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the contest in any other way other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt The Contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsors in relation to The Contest will be ﬁnal and binding on all entrants.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan.
- Twitter Entry Period of The Contest begins by 10 am Monday, December 1 and closes at 12:00 am ET
on Friday, December 5, 2014.
- Announcement of the Twitter winner will be on or around Friday, December 5, 2014.
- Instagram Entry Period of The Contest begins by 10 am Monday, December 8 and closes at 12:00 a.m. ET
on Friday, December 12, 2014.
- Announcement of the Instagram winner will be on or around Friday, December 12, 2014.
- Facebook Entry Period of The Contest begins by 10 am Monday, December 15 and closes at 12:00 am ET
on Friday, December 19, 2014.
- Announcement of the Facebook winner will be on or around Friday, December 19, 2014.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Michigan.
- At the time of contest close online entrants must be 18 or older.
- Employees, officials, retirees and representatives of the Contest Sponsors and their respective afﬁliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate families of those employees or any persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to participate in The Contest. For the purpose of this Contest, “immediate families” is deﬁned as sibling, spouse, mother, father, grandparent, brother, sister, son and/or daughter.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in The Contest.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Contest Sponsors for the purpose of The Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry (the “Applicant”)
How to Enter
No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or win The Contest.
To enter on Twitter*, 12.1.14 – 12.5.14:
1. 'FOLLOW' the @YoungFreeMI Twitter page.
2. ‘FAVORITE’ the Winter Wonder Win tweet
3. For Bonus entries, 'RETWEET' the Winter Wonder Win tweet with #YoungFreeMI in your retweet.
4. The contest closes at 12:00 a.m. on 12.5.14.
*For your entry to be counted, your Twitter profile needs to be set to public.
To enter on Instagram*,12.8.14 – 12.12.14:
1. 'FOLLOW' the @YoungFreeMI Instagram page.
2. ‘COMMENT’ on the Winter Wonder Win contest photo
3. For Bonus entries, ‘SHARE’ or ‘RE-GRAM’ the Winter Wonder Win photo with #YoungFreeMI in your share/re-gram.
4. The contest closes at 12:00 a.m. on 12.12.14.
*For your entry to be counted, your Instagram profile needs to be set to public.
To enter on Facebook, 12.15.14 – 12.19.14:
1. 'LIKE' the Young & Free Michigan Facebook page.
2. ‘COMMENT’ on the Winter Wonder Win post
3. For Bonus entries, 'SHARE' the Winter Wonder Win post on your personal Facebook page with #YoungFreeMI in status. Share post needs to be public for bonus entry to be counted.
4. The contest closes at 12:00 a.m. on 12.19.14.
The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Contest:
- Not contain any language that conﬂicts with any of the Contest Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to the Contest Sponsors (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law or any third party's rights (including trademark, copyright, privacy, personality and intellectual property rights).
By entering the Contest you agree with the following:
- That the entry meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- The sponsors may use your name or photo in a: post to a website, advertisement, or otherwise in connection with The Contest without compensation.
- You waive The Contest Sponsors of any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize.
Selection of Winners
The Winner of the contest will be chosen at random by Michigan First Credit Union on:
- Friday, December 5, 2014 (Twitter Winner)
- Friday, December 12, 2014 (Instagram Winner)
- Friday, December 19, 2014 (Facebook Winner)
The chance of winning depends on the number of entries received.
Three (3) grand prizes will be awarded.
- Twitter Grand Prize is two Red Wings® tickets for Friday, December 19 home game, a Red Wing winter hat, touch screen gloves, and $15 in Mcdonald’s® gift cards.
- Instagram Grand Prize is two Pistons® tickets for Friday, December 26 home game, a Pistons winter hat, touch screen gloves, and $15 in Subway gift cards.
- Facebook Grand Prize is two Trans-Siberian Orchestra tickets on Saturday, December 27, a portable phone charger, and $15 in Tim Horton’s® gift cards.
Prize must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the contest the entrant agrees they are willing and able to accept the published prize, in the event they are chosen or voted a winner.
To be eligible to claim a prize, Prize Winner must:
- Produce valid photo identiﬁcation if requested by The Contest Sponsor for proof of age.
The Winner will be contacted via the social media platform in which the participant entered and announced on Young & Free Michigan social media platform on
- Friday, December 5, 2014 (Twitter platform)
- Friday, December 12, 2014 (Instagram platform)
- Friday, December 19, 2014 (Facebook platform)
Potential winner who cannot be contacted, despite customary diligent efforts, may forfeit the prize and a new winner may be selected.
Privacy / Use of Personal Information