Young & Free Michigan Scholarship Competition
Help Students Win up to $85,000 in Scholarships
Michigan First believes in helping young people achieve their dreams. Over the past ten years we have awarded more than $730,000 in scholarships to deserving Michigan students with big dreams! This year, the Young & Free Michigan Scholarship program will award up to $85,000 in scholarships! High school seniors and current college student ages 17 to 25 are eligible to apply.*
$10,000, $5,000 and $3,000 will be awarded in three categories:
Plus up to 31 additional $1,000 scholarships may be awarded to qualifying high school seniors.
Here’s what you need to do to enter
- Read the official rules.
- Choose one category that best applies to you and complete the application form.
- Include your video or essay answering this question: “What event or person (other than parents) has made the most significant impact in your life? How has that changed you and how will you use this going forward in life?" Share your dreams with us!
- Entry deadline is February 10, 2014 at Noon.
- Get your family, friends and everyone you know to vote
February 13 to 19, 2014.
It’s up to you to campaign and get enough votes to be one of the 10 finalists in the category you applied for who will move on to the judging round. The judges will determine the top three scholarship winners in each category.
* Please read the rules for detailed eligibility requirements.
- Entry deadline:
Monday, February 10 at Noon
- Public voting:
February 13 to 19 at Noon
February 19 to March 3 at Noon
- Winners announced:
Week of March 3