Who can enter:
You need to be 18 to 25 years old and meet all the criteria listed in the official rules. Yeah, you gotta’ read the rules!
You need to be computer savvy, self-motivated, outgoing and generally awesome!
You must be willing and able to work full-time and live in Wayne, Oakland, or Macomb county throughout your term as spokester. Check out the full job description to make sure this job is for you.
Your entry must:
- Include a short video scripted, produced and edited by you, depicting why you would make an awesome Young & Free Michigan Spokester (We suggest a max 60 second video.)
- Include a sample blog, written by you, on a financial-specific topic. Your challenge is to make finance fun!
- Include a fully completed application form.
- Be complete and entered before the deadline April 15, 2014 by 3:00 p.m. ET (Don’t wait until the last minute – servers can get busy!)
How to enter:
Complete the entry form online at YoungFreeMichigan.com, including the blog post and video link.
How to win:
- Be sure to tell all your friends, family and fans to vote for you April 17 to 22!
- At the end of the public vote, the top seven vote-getters will automatically move on. The Young & Free Michigan Team will choose the other three finalists. Together, these are known as the 10 finalists.
- The 10 Finalists will be required to attend an in-person meet-up on April 25.
- Finalists will be required to produce another video and blog by April 29, 3 p.m.
- Blog topic: Write about a personal money related blunder you have experienced.
- Video Topic: Demonstrate how you would bring a unique perspective to the role and what personal goals, vision and expectations you would set for yourself for your year as Young & Free Michigan Spokester.
- Finalists will be given all the details and instructions on how to submit the additional blog and video entry.
- Then the judging committee will determine the winner to be awarded the job as the Young & Free Michigan Spokester.
- The use of online vote garnering sites or automated vote generating systems is not allowed.
- There is a limit of one vote per legitimate email address.
- Votes suspected of being made via a vote garnering site, under multiple identities, or through the use of any method to vote in excess of the permitted number will be disqualified.
IMPORTANT: Since a huge part of this job is about you creating awesome videos, you must produce your application video by yourself including scripting, filming, editing and uploading. It is really important that whoever gets the Spokester job is thoroughly capable of producing his or her own videos without any outside help. Thanks!
Make sure to read the job description, and official rules pages, the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at email@example.com. We'll get back to you within 24 hours. If you send your question on the weekend, we'll get back to you on Monday.
- Entry deadline:
April 15, 3 p.m. ET
- Public Vote for Finalists:
April 17, 3 p.m. to April 22, 3 p.m. ET
- 10 Finalists identified:
- Show Us Your Stuff Meet-up:
April 25, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. ET
- Finalists blogs and videos due:
April 29, 3 p.m. ET
- Spokester named:
Around May 9