Young & Free Michigan Scholarship Competition
Scholarship Winners are Revealed!
Michigan First believes in helping young people achieve their dreams. Over the past nine years we have awarded more than $650,000 in scholarships to deserving Michigan students with big dreams! This year, the Young & Free Michigan Scholarship program offers more scholarships for more students! High school seniors and current college student ages 17 to 25 are eligible to apply.*
$10,000, $5,000 and $3,000 will be awarded in three categories:
Plus up to 30 more $1,000 scholarships may be awarded to qualifying high school seniors.
Here’s what you need to do to enter
- Read the official rules.
- Choose one category that best applies to you and complete the application form.
- Include your video or essay answering this question: "Other than paying for your education, what would you do with $50,000?" Share your dreams with us!
- Entry deadline is Noon, February 12, 2013.
- Get your family, friends and everyone you know to vote February 13 to 19, 2013.
It’s up to you to campaign and get enough votes to be one of the 10 finalists in each category who will move on to the judging round. The judges will determine the top three scholarship winners in each category.
* Please read the rules for detailed eligibility requirements.
- Entry deadline:
Noon, Tuesday, February 12
- Public voting:
February 13 to 19
February 19 to March 5
- Winners announced: Week of March 5